Supervisor World Café
Wereld Café (Safe Haven)) welcomes lesbian women, gay men, bisexuals and transgenders (LGBT)’s with different cultural backgrounds. Share a meal with like-minded people. Within this group there are several volunteers who have experience with lesbian, gay or transgender feelings.
We are looking for supervisors who enjoy welcoming visitors, meeting new people and having a chat. Facilitators play an important role in ensuring that the Café runs smoothly.
Responsibilities of this role:
– Assisting in drawing up the event programme/newsletter.
– Ensuring that the event runs smoothly together two other volunteers.
– Assisting with meals as well as with setting up and dismantling the café.
–Wereld Café is organized every second Tuesday of the month at a fixed location in Amsterdam.
– During the monthly gathering we eat together and there is a guest speaker who gives a workshop.
What do we expect from you?
– Someone with a bi-cultural background and/or affinity with the target group.
– Someone who likes to be active on Facebook, Linkedin and/or Instagram.
– Someone who enjoys working in a small independent team.
What can you expect from us?
– Opportunities to grow as a volunteer within the organization.
– This volunteer role is easy to combine with your job or study.
– Opportunities to expand your professional network within the LGBTQ+ community.
– Possibility to work with us in our office in Rozenstraat.
Are you interested in this volunteer position? Then you can respond by filling in the form below!